Renewable Energy Professional (REP), Livestreamed
The REP program is designed to recognize the expertise and experience of professionals involved in the specification and application of renewable and alternative energy technologies, assessment of renewable energy projects, and development of achievable low-carbon and sustainability goals for organizations.
Duration: 3 days plus 4-hour international examination on day 4
CPD: Country specific
REP is an international qualification program to distinguish the most qualified professionals that have demonstrated high levels of experience, competence and specialized knowledge in the field of renewable energy. The REP training explores the various forms of low-carbon energy sources, as well as the environmental impacts of alternative energy. Acquire the skills and theory to be able to provide credible and sustainable solutions in the renewable and alternative energy sector. The REP training is followed by a voluntary examination which could lead to international Certification with the AEE.
- Renewable energy basics
- The latest developments in wind power systems, solar thermal heating, photovoltaic generation, geothermal heating, electrical production, biofuels, waste-to-energy systems, energy storage, fuel cells, hydroelectric power, ocean thermal energy
- Assessments of the various forms of renewable energy
- Case examples of renewable energy projects
- Strengths and weaknesses of renewable energy applications
- Using renewable energy solutions in building applications
- Opportunities for using renewable energy
- Strategies for making a business case for using renewables
- Economic issues, financial methodologies, and incentives
- Approval processes
- Lessons learned and pitfalls to avoid
Profile of attendee
Environmental professionals, renewable energy professionals, engineers, technicians, technologists, artisans, facilities managers, persons with working experience in the energy, environmental and renewable energy sector, built environment professionals.