International Certification Programmes
Basic energy training programmes to International Certification Programmes are offered through our training partners in South Africa, Nigeria, Mauritius, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania. Capacity building projects, mentorship and stipend management, trainer development, country training provider development, student exchange programs as well as processing of Certification Applications and examination proctoring.
Formats available are in-class and Live-streamed training managed by IEPA for its training partners, with Remote Proctoring for tests and examinations.
22 Training Programs
IEPA offers a number of training and certification programs through its Sub-Saharan African training partners:
- AEE Energy Certifications
- Introductory Energy Training Modules
- UNIDO Energy System Optimisation End User and Expert Level Training
- Solar PVGreencard Installers
Certified Energy Manger (CEM®)
For the most qualified professionals in the field of energy management.
Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP®)
For the most qualified professionals in the field of measurement and verification (M&V).
Certified Water Efficiency Professional (CWEP®)
For high level of competence and ethical fitness in the practices of water efficiency for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
Certified Carbon Auditing Professional (CAP®)
For high level of competence and ethical fitness in the practices of carbon reduction and sustainability fields.
Certified Energy Auditor (CEA®)
CEA® distinguishes the most qualified professionals that have demonstrated high levels of experience.
Renewable Energy Professional (REP)
REP training explores the various forms of low-carbon energy sources, as well as the environmental impacts of alternative energy.
Business Energy Professional (BEP)
AEE’s Certified Business Energy Professional (BEP) program awards special recognition to those business/marketing and energy professionals.
Certified lndustrial Energy Professional (CIEP)
AEE’s Certified Industrial Energy Professional (CIEP) program awards special recognition to professionals in industrial energy systems and managing resources.
The AEE certification programs take into account the possible diversity of education and practical experience an individual may have. The compulsory training sessions do not have pre-requisites for attendance. However, certain basic knowledge is required to be able to gain value from the training.
Certification provides credibility to individuals and benefits companies as candidates are required to not only prepare for the examination, but pass the examination with 70%, and have to provide evidence of work experience dependent on the candidate’s educational background.
AEE Examinations may be registered for once a training registration has been completed, or a course has been fully attended at an accredited training provider, or training administration service provider to IEPA.
Once registering for an examination, you will receive a link to complete your Certification Application. The Certification Applications must be completed PRIOR to sitting the examination.
Choosing a course
Courses are scheduled for public attendance annually at venues in South Africa, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Mauritius, Rwanda and Kenya, or where there is a demand.
Training available from beginners to advanced training, as well as specialized training.
- INTRODUCTORY ENERGY TRAINING MODULES
- AEE ENERGY CERTIFICATIONS
- UNIDO ENERGY SYSTEMS OPTIMISATION END USER AND EXPERT LEVEL TRAINING
- OTHER TRAINING
- Basic Principles of Energy (BPE)
- Energy Audit Training (EAT)
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings (EEB)*
- Energy Consumption Data Analysis (ECDA)*
- Business Case for Energy Projects (BCEP)*
- Managing Energy Projects (MEP)*
- Measurement and Verification Training (MVT)
- Introduction to Energy Management Training (IEMT)
*In-house only and Live-streamed Online
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM®)
- Certified Industrial Energy Professional (CIEP®)
- Certified Energy Auditors (CEA®)
- Certified Business Energy Professional (CBEP®)
- Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP®)
- Certified Renewable Energy Professional (REP®)
- Certified Carbon Auditing Professional (CAP®)
- Certified Water Efficiency Professional (CWEP®)
- Energy Management Systems Implementation (EnMSI)
- Energy Management 101
- Compressed Air System Optimisation (CASO)
- Pump System Optimisation (PSO)
- Fan System Optimisation (FSO)
- Motor Systems Optimisation (MSO)
- Steam Systems Optimisation (SSO)
- Resource Efficiency Cleaner Production (RECP)
- PVGreencard Installers Training
- RETScreen Expert Software Trainin
The AEE Certifications are designed to recognise various levels of competence and existing qualifications are taken into account. The training and qualifications are aimed at professionals working in the energy industry and requiring basic to advanced knowledge on energy in the world and Southern Africa; Engineers, Technicians, Technologists, Architects, Facility Managers, Artisans, Plumbers, Electricians, Sales, Marketing, Accounting, Procurement, Environmental, Legal, etc.
Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certification programs are designed to raise the professional standards of those engaged in energy efficiency, energy management, sustainable business practices through targeted continuing educational programs of professional development requiring renewal of Certification qualifications every three years. AEE Certified Professionals are required to demonstrate the development of Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) as a condition for renewal.